Take your volunteer program to the next level!
SVMTS is a sequence of six courses on organizing and implementing an effective volunteer program in a nonprofit or government organization. The interactive curriculum is based on the newest research and effective practices in the industry, and is packaged in an easy-to-use format.
Strategic Volunteer Management Training Series (SVMTS) cover the basics of volunteer management will be covered with special emphasis on:
- Obtaining support at all levels of the organization for expanding volunteer programs.
- Ideas for collaborating with other organizations and businesses.
The six courses that comprise the series are (in order):
- Understanding Volunteering: Exploring the Heart of the Volunteer Sector
- Planning Your Volunteer Program: Building a Solid Foundation
- Recruiting and Placing Volunteers: Matching Volunteer Skills with Service Needs
- Orienting and Training Volunteers: Achieving Service Excellence
- Supervising Volunteers: Maximizing the Volunteer Experience
- Evaluating Your Volunteer Program: Improving Results Through Data and Feedback
Each participant receives a workbook with resources, copies of the power point slides and templates to support each unit. All attendees will have an opportunity to take an open book exam to earn a "Volunteer Management" Certificate of Achievement for completing course work successfully.
SVMTS is targeted to experienced volunteer administrators, program managers, andthose who need to resturcture their current volunteer programs to meet more community needs. This series must be taken as a complete 2-day course.
The cost of the SVMTS certificate course is $480 for nonmembers. HOSC and AmeriCorps members are entitled to the special rate of $280.
All sessions are held at HandsOn Suburban Chicago's office located at Forest View Educational Center, 2121 S. Goebbert Rd, Arlington Heights, IL 60005.
Series presenter: Sarah Van Huis, Director, Nonprofit Development and Senior Corp-RSVP, HOSC
This series was updated in 2013 by HandsOn Network.